Resources by List
- Hope4Healers Helpline. 24/7 emotional support for health care and other professionals provided by a licensed mental health professional (24/7)
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. 988
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor (24/7)
Internal Professional Resources
- Personal Assistance Services (PAS). Licensed professionals offer assessment, short-term counseling, and referrals for all Duke staff to help resolve a range of personal, work, and family problems. They provide counseling services, crisis response services, and management consultations. To schedule an appointment, call 919-416-1727. Note: out-of-state employees should call Business Health Services (BHS), 800-327-2251.
- Chaplain Services. Chaplains are available 24/7 to offer spiritual and emotional support to people of all faiths and belief systems. They provide spiritual and emotional support, and they visit units experiencing adverse events to provide support.
- Duke University Hospital: 919-684-3586. On evenings/weekends: 919-684-8111 and ask for chaplain on call.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital: 919-812-7972 (8 a.m.-9 p.m.). After 9 p.m., contact 919-954-3292.
- Duke Regional Hospital: Call 919-470-4000 and ask for the chaplain on call (#1115).
- Safety Reporting System (SRS). On-line, centralized, confidential reporting tool to report safety incidents.
- Critical Incident Response Program (CIRP): High-acuity response team available during and following disruptive events to provide consultations for leaders and mental and emotional support for team members. 919-416-1727.
- Office of Institutional Equity. Provides education/support, responds to complaints of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct. Contact: email@example.com or 919-684-8222.
- Duke Career Resource Center. Helps Duke employees be strategic about career change/advancement
Internal Volunteer Resources
- Caring for Each Other (CEO). The Caring for Each Other (CEO) program provides real-time emotional support for individuals and groups. Peers listen, validate, and refer their colleagues to appropriate resources. 24/7 phone line: 919-684-9222.
- Individual Peer Support. Peers provide emotional support and referrals to peers who want to speak with someone who provides similar work/services.
- Group Peer Support. Emotional support for teams who have experienced adverse events at work.
- Emotional Support rounding. Proactive rounding on units to offer emotional support to team members.
- Conversations with Colleagues. These are group sessions in which peers emotionally support each other on a specific topic, such as fatigue, work/life balance, or racial justice. The sessions are facilitated by licensed Duke social workers.
- Wellbeing Ambassadors. Program that trains staff to share and implement evidence-based wellbeing tools in their respective units.
- Peer Messengers. Peers meet with colleagues to promote the highest standards of professional conduct and ethical behavior (based on SRS reports).